KIDS ON THE MOVE
Next Session begins April 10!
New and Free Y program for healthy children and healthy futures.
The Jefferson City Area YMCA is dedicated to nurturing the potential of every child in our community. Kids on the Move is designed to educate children and their families on the importance of implementing and maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and providing them with the knowledge and tools to do so.
Kids on the Move Participation
Free and open to Y-members and non-members, this program is designed for overweight children eight to 12 years old and their parents/guardians. Each family will complete a program application that will be reviewed by YMCA staff to determine eligibility. Twelve families will be chosen to participate each session.
Taught by a Personal Trainer/Fitness Instructor, this program will follow an eight-week curriculum with physical activity, nutrition and other healthy lifestyle components. Guest speakers may include a Dietician/Nutritionist and a Psychologist/Counselor.
Kids on the Move Objectives
While participating in the Kids on the Move program, participants will:
• learn the keys to initiate and maintain a healthy lifestyle;
• be taught about nutrition and how to provide healthier food choices at home;
• learn how to incorporate positive nutrition habits, even while eating outside the home;
• be taught how to develop a more active lifestyle through increased physical activity;
• learn how to properly exercise and weekly goals for being active;
• learn how to create and participate in fun activities;
• develop positive, long-term lifestyle changes;
• build self-esteem, through healthy lifestyle choices.
If you know a child between the eight to 12 years old who could benefit from this program, please pass this information on to the family and encourage them to contact Kelsey Riggs at 573.761.3225.
Proud to partner with: