Employment at the YMCA includes a free YMCA membership!
An employment application may be obtained at any YMCA facility or downloaded by clicking here.
You will be notified by the hiring supervisor if an interview is requested.
- Certified Personal Trainer: Looking for certified personal trainers. Must have a personal trainer certification and CPR/AED/First Aid certification preferred. Call 761-3225 for more information.
- Exercise Instructors: Under the direction of the Wellness Director, the Exercise Instructor is responsible for conducting specific exercise programs. Currently we are looking for individuals to instruct “high intensity classes” such as but not limited to Less Mills Body Pump, H.I.I.T (High Intense Interval Training), Tabata, Step Aerobics, or Boot Camp.
He/she must perform all duties in a safe and prudent manner. At the Jefferson City Area YMCA, we value the following attributes of personal character and ethical behavior and believe they are essential to attaining our mission; caring, honesty, respect, responsibility.
- Lifeguard/Swim Instructors: The best job you will ever have! Perfect for young people, college students, stay at home parents, second job seekers, and retirees! We train all YMCA Aquatic employees in-house. We schedule around school and activities. Work in a healthy, family friendly environment and enjoy a free YMCA membership and program discounts! Pre-Requisites: Must be 15 years old, and able to pass a swim test. Turn in an application to Lisa Dyer, Aquatics Director. Applications can be found at www.jcyma.org. For more information contact Lisa Dyer at 573-761-9007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Y-Care After School: Must be 18 years old. Great part-time opportunity for college students. Includes a YMCA membership. Hours are Monday-Friday, 2:30-5:30 p.m. when school is in session. Starting pay is $12/hour. Guaranteed summer employment if interested. For more information, call 761-0716.
- Child Development Center Lead Teacher must be at least 18 years of age. S/he must be reliable, sensitive, mature and motivated to work with children and adults. High school diploma/GED required. Current physical and TB test is required upon hire. Must clear a criminal background check. Please call 635-6665 for more information, or complete an application.
- Nursery/Kids Center: Must be 16 years old and able to work evenings until 8 p.m. Weekend hours available too. Great job for high school students. Includes a YMCA membership.
Please direct all applications and resumes to:
Jefferson City Area YMCA
PO Box 104176
Jefferson City, MO 65110
If you would like further information concerning these positions, please call (573) 761-9006.