Employment at the YMCA includes a free YMCA membership!
You will be notified by the hiring supervisor if an interview is requested.
- Y-Care After School: The Y is hiring part time Site Assistants ($15 per hour) for the school year! Hours are 2:30-5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday (no weekends). Must be 18 years old. Y-Care is a state-licensed, school-based afterschool program that serves Jefferson City School District and Blair Oaks School District.
- Early Childhood Educators: We are needing full-time and part-time staff members to make learning fun and keep these smiles bright. Full time staff members starting at $14 an hour and part-time starting $13.00 an hour. Employment includes a free YMCA membership! For more details and benefits call Sunny Carron at 573-635-8618 or email email@example.com.
- Swim Coaches for our Fall/Winter Barracuda Swim Team Program.
Looking to beef up our coaching staff with a couple new ‘Cuda Coaches! Coaches are paid for their time, and get a FREE Y membership and program (including swim team) discounts! Former competitive swimmers, those who love swimming and kids—please contact us to get involved! For more information:Contact Head Coach Don Eisinger at JCAY@live.com, or Lisa Dyer at 573-761-9007 or email Ldyer@jcymca.org
- Certified Personal Trainer: Looking for certified personal trainers. Must have a personal trainer certification and CPR/AED/First Aid certification preferred. Call 761-3225 for more information.
- Exercise Instructors: Under the direction of the Wellness Director, the Exercise Instructor is responsible for conducting specific exercise programs. Currently we are looking for individuals to instruct “high intensity classes” such as but not limited to Less Mills Body Pump, H.I.I.T (High Intense Interval Training), Tabata, Step Aerobics, or Boot Camp.
He/she must perform all duties in a safe and prudent manner. At the Jefferson City Area YMCA, we value the following attributes of personal character and ethical behavior and believe they are essential to attaining our mission; caring, honesty, respect, responsibility.
- Lifeguard/Swim Instructors: The best job you will ever have! Perfect for young people, college students, stay at home parents, second job seekers, and retirees! We train all YMCA Aquatic employees in-house. We schedule around school and activities. Work in a healthy, family friendly environment and enjoy a free YMCA membership and program discounts! Pre-Requisites: Must be 15 years old, and able to pass a swim test. Turn in an application to Lisa Dyer, Aquatics Director. Applications can be found at www.jcyma.org. For more information contact Lisa Dyer at 573-761-9007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nursery/Kids Center: Must be 16 years old and able to work evenings until 8 p.m. Weekend hours available too. Great job for high school students. Includes a YMCA membership.
Please direct all applications and resumes to:
Jefferson City Area YMCA
PO Box 104176
Jefferson City, MO 65110
If you would like further information concerning these positions, please call (573) 761-9006.