Start the New Year strong as a part of the Y’s Start Strong Fitness Challenge and be a part of a team guided by YMCA Certified Personal Trainers and a Certified Health Coach leading you to become healthier with guidance on exercise, nutrition and lifestyle changes.
Registration: November 30-January 7
$200 Y-member; $400 Non-member
Event: January 11-April 1
2-Month Payment Plan: Pay half at registration and half the next month
Mandatory Weigh-In: January 8 / 6-8 a.m. / Firley Y MPR
Mandatory Weigh-Out: April 2 / 6-8 a.m. / Firley Y MPR
Participants must attend weight-in and weigh-out to be eligible to win.
What you receive during the Challenge
- 2 Team Personal Training sessions/week led by your Team Trainer
- Daily habit-based nutrition lessons with certified Precision Health Coach Luke Lamb
- 4 InBody Assessments (Jan., Feb., Mar., Apr.)
- Non-members receive membership to all 3 facilities during the Challenge
- Monthly Update
- Bonus Workouts
- Option to purchase exclusive Start Strong YMCA hoodie
- End of Challenge Awards Ceremony
Prizes awarded to top 3 MEN and top 3 WOMEN with the most points! Points will be given as follows:
- 1 point for each pound of muscle gained
- 2 points for each % of body weight lost
- 3 points for each % of body fat lost
- 1st Place: 1-Year YMCA Membership
- 2nd Place: 6-Month YMCA Membership
- 3rd Place: 3-Month YMCA Membership
Prizes will also be awarded to the overall team winner.
Tokens will be awarded for participation in events throughout the challenge and do not count toward the grand prize winner. They are only used to give you more chances for the random prize drawing at the end of the program. (Tokens do not count toward points. Prize drawing will be held at the awards ceremony.)
- 1 token for each completed Health Coaching lesson
- 1 token for each Team Workout attended
- 2 tokens for each Bonus Workout attended
- 15 tokens for completing the Group Exercise Passport
- 20 tokens for team workout perfect attendance
- 30 tokens for participating in the Luck of the Irish 5K/10K
For more information, call 761-3225.