Lift Strong for LiveSTRONG is a bench press competition that will benefit the YMCA’s LiveSTRONG program. The LiveSTRONG program has been at the Y for 5+ years and has helped more than 350 cancer survivors regain their strength, stamina and quality of life. Please help us support this great cause.
Date: Saturday, October 17
Time: 8-11 a.m.
Place: Firley YCMA, 525 Ellis Blvd.
Pre-Registration: September 7-October 15
Day of Registration: October 17
Spectators: $5 (children 10 and under are free)
Prizes: Prizes awarded to 1st place in each weight class Day of
OCTOBER 17 SCHEDULE
- Registration/Weigh-ins: 7-7:40 a.m.
- Mandatory Lifter’s meeting: 7:45 a.m.
- Lifting Starts: 8 a.m.
- Men: (must be 16 years or older)
- Lightweight: 165 and under
- Middleweight: 165.1-190
- Light-heavyweight: 190.1-215
- Heavyweight: 215.1 and above
- Women: (must be 16 years or older)
- Lightweight: 125 and under
- Middleweight: 125.1-149.9
- Heavyweight: 150 and above
Rules: Each competitor must choose a starting weight to be lifted. This weight cannot be lowered after declaring. After completing your starting weight you’ll have two more lifts of a weight of your choosing (must exceed starting weight). The highest successful lift is deemed your best lift and will be the score used to determine the winner of each weight class.
Each attempt has rules that must be followed, including but not limited to:
•Start Command, Press Command, Rack Command
•Feet must stay on the floor
•Butt must stay in contact with the bench
•Bar cannot have any downward motion after moving upward