Next session begins:
- Aug. 16-Nov. 3 (T/TH) / 6:30 p.m. / Knowles YMCA
The Y and LiveSTRONG have joined together to create LiveSTRONG at the YMCA, a FREE research-based physical activity and well-being program designed to help adult cancer survivors achieve their health goals.
How It Works
- A LiveSTRONG at the YMCA professional interviews the survivor to determine if the program meets the survivor’s needs and to get permission from his/her doctor.
- Participants and their family receive a FREE four-month family membership at the Y.
- A LiveSTRONG at the YMCA professional develops a plan based on the needs of the survivor that incorporates cardiovascular exercise, resistance training, balance and flexibility.
- Survivors meet in a group setting twice a week for 12 weeks.
Proud to partner with: